USER:
PASS:

Forums
The Rogue Army :: Forums :: Public :: T-Bone's List

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
ASUS PG278Q G-Sync Monitor 27"
Moderators: TBone, RaTFink, DollyLlama, CableGuy69, Sniper, JetDoc, captaincracker, hammerdownny, SnakeEyez, finns, kug92, mimadkat, Slick, punjabi, Knife, OneiPete, BuGgY, stoneyhaze, phaselock, Slash24, Intimidator_3, HavnBadDay, TRCyberRacer, pondscum, Intimidator3, olefng, Mr265mph, Dweisel, GunnerPoe, Rottame
Author Post
JDTheMatrix
Mon Nov 28 2016, 12:26pm
TWL Team Captain
Registered Member #167
Hey guys,
Selling my ASUS PG278Q monitor, 27" G-SYNC Monitor for 425$ + Shipping. It lists for 599$. I am not saying this to sell it, I can sell it on eBay without much of an issue, just don't like the hassle and I can sell it to you guys minus the eBay fee and walk away with the same chunk of change (roughly). Anyway, back to what I am saying, google g-sync, it is literally the only way I will play PC games moving forward and is insanely smooth. My father had 2 30" IPS monitors and when he played on mine a week later he had this exact monitor next to a 30". If you haven't experience it, its worth it, in my opinion. Anyway, that's my statement about the monitor, there are no dead pixels or light bleeding and it is in like new condition with all original boxes and paperwork (approx 8mos old). Let me know if you have any questions.

Trix

BF3 Stats
Slash24
Mon Nov 28 2016, 12:46pm

Registered Member #193
G-Sync is suppose to be the shittzz. I have never played with it on but read up on it enough want it on 3 monitors.

Nitrous is like a hot girl with a STD...you want to hit, but you're afraid of the consequences.
JDTheMatrix
Tue Nov 29 2016, 12:04pm
TWL Team Captain
Registered Member #167
Yeah, I still don't like more than one monitor, but I am getting bigger. I bought the asus pg348q

BF3 Stats
Devastation
Tue Nov 29 2016, 07:39pm
Registered Member #37
But none of those are 4k.

Devastation
Wed Nov 30 2016, 08:52am
Registered Member #37
JDTheMatrix wrote ...

Yeah, I still don't like more than one monitor, but I am getting bigger. I bought the asus pg348q

How is the wide screen working out? Pro/Cons
Thanks JD

JDTheMatrix
Wed Nov 30 2016, 05:08pm
TWL Team Captain
Registered Member #167
Well, I have it plugged in for less than 6 hours as of right now. Initial impressions...AMAZING. First things I checked out were light bleed and dead pixels. I have a little bit of light bleed in the bottom left corner, but its really not bad at all, NO DEAD PIXELS!!! So happy about the quality thus far. I have played about 10-30 mins of the following games and only one had an issue with the 21:9 ratio.

BF1 - No Issues
RB6 Siege - No issues
TitanFall 2 - No issues
DOTA 2 - Map in the bottom left and shop don't render to scale, everything else does

I have done some surfing on Youtube and while it doesn't take up the whole screen (limited 21:9 viewing) it still looks very good.

So to summarize:
Pros:
The 3k resolution is nice because its not as big of a hit on the graphics card as 4k (still getting high FPS)
The monitor is HUGE and I feel like its wrapped around me while in game thanks to the slight curve, it's a whole new experience that I really enjoy
100hz refresh is the minimum for GSYNC but I also feel like its the sweet spot because your cards are not usually over that FPS anyway
I don't know if its the extra resolution (more pixels per inch etc.) or not but games look sharper and cleaner at this resolution

Cons:
Limited 21:9 content available (most new movies/games support it)
Some games don't render properly (DOTA 2)
My neck hurts from having to move my head to go from one corner to the other

Very happy with my purchase, at least until my payments on the credit card come due, lol.

BF3 Stats
Slash24
Thu Dec 01 2016, 03:58am

Registered Member #193
That is the one monitor I would go with if I downsized to a single monitor.. thanks for the review

Nitrous is like a hot girl with a STD...you want to hit, but you're afraid of the consequences.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF